JOB SPEC FOR CARETAKER /MAINTENANCE FTE
Position: Caretaker /Maintenance Worker
Location: Kileely House, New Road, Thomondgate, Limerick
HOURS: (15 hours per week)
Employee will be notified 2 weeks in advance of any change to hours or rota.
Rate: €11:50 per hour
Probation: 6 months
Post dependent on funding via Community Services Fund.
Other: This post requires Garda Clearance
|Responsible to:||Manager – Learning Hub Limerick|
|Main Purposes of Job:||The Caretaker/Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining the security systems and keeping the grounds at Kileely House.|
|1. Opening up and locking up securely all buildings on site in Kileely House and acting as Key Holder for Kileely House.2. Ensuring all gates are locked securely and that alarms are set on all buildings each evening
3. Keeping grounds free of litter and ensuring all refuse is collected on a weekly basis
4. Ensuring gardens are maintained, including grass cutting, weeding, clipping hedges and ensuring all drains are kept clear of debris
5. Ensuring entrance area to Kileely house is kept free of litter and accessible at all times.
6. Undertaking painting and decorating works as required
7. Assisting Manager to reorganise rooms as required (may involve some lifting)
8. Undertaking other duties of a comparable nature as may
reasonably be required from time to time
ESSENTIAL: 2 References & Garda Clearance
||Minimum 1 years experience in care taking /maintainance caretaking of a public or community/environment.|
||Security and or Caretaking experienceGardening/ General Maintenance Experience.
Painting /decorating experience.
|Experience of working in a community setting.|
||Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm for working in a team
|Excellent communication skills and empathy for target group of LHL.
To apply for this post please email or post your CV and 2 references to Jennifer@learninghub.ie
Learning Hub Limerick
New Road, Thomondgate,
This position is funded via www.pobal.ie