CORE GOALS OF LEARNING HUB
1. Create an active learning environment that extends the learning experience beyond the traditional school day
2. Creatively embed technology and the core skills of literacy and numeracy into active learning projects
3. Provide a positive and safe social environment that inspires us as individuals and as a community by recognising the potential and the talents of young people and learners
4. Prevent early school leaving and raise the educational aspirations of families, schools and the wider community
5. Work in partnership with other agencies to provide support to children identified as most in need of additional social, cultural and educational resources
6. Create an environment that promotes the positive development of physical and mental health among young people and the community
7. Work in partnership with key stakeholders to maximise the resources available to the community by harnessing volunteers, resources and energy for the development our young people
8. Harness the resource potential of third level volunteers to act as mentors and subject matter experts in our educational programmes.
9. Provide volunteers and third level mentors with real world civic engagement experience that will enhance their social, academic and professional development.